Monday, January 11, 2010

Day...uh, who can remember?

Did I say I would be back the 27th???

I meant the 11th.

Yep.  The 11th.


So...just to recap...this is a 30 day detox which is currently on its 49th day.  

Out of those 49 days I've actually followed the detox for about...

5 days.


This has not been what one would classify as a raging success.


I now admit (Erin) starting a detox over the holidays was not the best laid plan.


But, to be honest...

I don't think I like detoxes.

They kinda make me feel like an anorexic middle schooler.


So what to do, what to do?

Four days left on a detox that has long since outstayed its welcome.

I mean, we could just forget about this whole thing.

It is only four little days...


Darn it!

No! 

I promised 30 days and 30 days you shall get!


Let us begin as we started.  

Let us pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and start all over again.

Let us haul ourselves across this finish line sweaty, sore and covered in gluten!


As Confucius said:

‘It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop.’ 


Although, I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about a detox.


Tomorrow:

5 super easy (well, kinda easy) tips to get you started eating healthy.





2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. Not at you, but with you. I'm impressed that you even got 5 days in during the season. Very impressive. Don't be too hard on yourself. Today is a new day. Okay, tomorrow is a new day. I'm eating chocolate chips as I type this; how sad is that. Can't wait for your tips. Not promising a cleanse, but definitely healthier choices! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your honesty makes me feel not alone in my sidetrackedness. i am sitting here listening to my running mix and it has just inspired me to get onto the treadmill bright and early tomorrow. so i'm back to my own plan. tomorrow. for now, i'm sitting here drinking a beer with a belly full of chili.

    ReplyDelete