Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 8


I am listing green juice as something I think is fun.


One more time.

I am listing green juice as something I think is fun.


This may be pathetic for two reasons:

  1. I am a young, viable person of means who lives in a large, bountiful city filled with endless possibility and I am listing green juice as something I think is fun.

  2. I actually think green juice is fun.

When I sit on the porch with my grandchildren and tell them stories of my reckless youth, will I talk about how I used to put Kale in the juice because it made it extra green and was really high in antioxidants?


I think I need to branch out.


But until then....I LOVE GREEN JUICE!!!


Here's the recipe from Natalia Rose's awesome book Raw Food Detox Diet:


Green Lemonade

Makes 1 serving


1 head romaine lettuce or celery

5 to 6 stalks of Kale (any type)

1 to 2 apples

1 whole organic lemon

1 to 2 tablespoons fresh ginger


Process all in a juicer**


Ah, Fun.


**cleaning juicer not included in fun plan




2 comments: