Thursday, November 19, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

Be sure to start again on Monday.
And so it begins.  Monday will be the launch for the detox.

Well, my detox.

Traci...ahem...I mean "Trixi".... will be starting when she gets back from Thanksgiving vacation at her parents house.  And Sid will be starting as soon as I can get him to commit to starting. 

But I will be starting on Monday.

Until then I will be doing, what Dr. Junger calls, "an elimination diet."
For the next four days the following is off limits:

No Meat
No Dairy
No Sugar
No Alcohol

Weaning yourself off of these offending foods is supposed to ease detox symptoms, i.e. breakouts, headaches, general misery and contempt.

So here we go.  

Four days of clean eating and then I begin eating according to Dr. Junger's book Clean.  Which, honestly, doesn't seem to entail much eating, but I guess I'll worry about that on Monday.

As the Chinese Proverb goes: "Talk doesn't cook rice."
It's time to stop talking and get cooking!
Er... I mean...get peeling and blending and drinking.

Yikes.  Whose idea was this???

No comments:

Post a Comment