Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 2

I came home last night and was starving.


Faced with Natalia Rose's Green Lemonade as my "dinner" I became starving and depressed.


Don't get me wrong I love a good green juice, but all that chopping and juicing and juicer washing to be left with nothing to show for it but juice for "dinner" ....


Ugh.


So, I rummaged around for something else l could make liquid so as to fulfill my second liquid meal requirement.


And I accidentally made the BEST THING EVER!!!

Well, I made soup, but it was cheap and fast and filling and yummy!

In my book, that qualifies it as one of the BEST THINGS EVER!!!

Jen's Detox Lentil and Broccoli Puree:

- 2 cups of lentils (I like Trader Joe's Ready to eat Steamed Lentils)

- 1and1/2 cups steamed organic broccoli

- approx 2 cups purified water


Put the lentils and broccoli and water into a blender.

Water can be adjusted to the desired thickness of soup.

I added just enough to cover the amount of lentils.


Blend.

Heat.

Eat.


That's it!

So easy!


I added garlic, red pepper and turmeric, but you can add whatever spice your little heart desires.

Be careful when blending hot ingredients.  Steam can blow the blender's lid off.

I made sure the lentils and water were cool when I added the broccoli which was hot off the stove.


So, there it is.  Necessity is the mother of soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment