Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 15

Life without coffee...Day 3.
I've been drinking green tea like it's methadone.

Mark Hyman, M.D. writes about quitting coffee in his book 
Ultra-Metabolism.
Here are some tips for anyone else who wants to join me in my quest.
Anyone?
Hello?

Eh...I can't even come up with a convincing reason why you should.

I'm sure I had a good reason for quitting coffee, but so far its only turned me into a robe covered house lump.
Who likes green tea...
And chocolate truffles.
Don't judge me.

How to Eliminate Caffeine in 7 days
by Mark Hyman, M.D.
  • 1. Begin on a weekend, when you can take naps as needed.
  • 2. First three days: Cut down to one half your normal amount of coffee, cola, black tea, or other caffeinated beverage intake.
  • 3. Next four days: Drink 1 cup caffeinated green tea steeped in boiling water for five minutes. You may continue green tea for all its wonderful health benefits.
  • 4. All seven days: Take 1,000 to 2,000 milligrams of buffered vitamin C powder.
  • 5. Drink at least six to eight glasses of filtered water a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment