Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 17


"If you don't want to do something, don't do it.  If you REALLY don't want to do it, do it twice."

-my yoga teacher


I REALLY don't want to clean my apartment.

So, I'm going to do it twice.

Metaphorically speaking.




I'm going to clean with gusto.

I'm going to clean with verve.

I'm going to clean with all green cleaning products.


Check out Kristen's list of ideas for cleaning green.


My favorite trick is baking soda and white vinegar.


It cheap:

A whole vat of vinegar is about $1, same for baking soda.


It is easy:

Sprinkle baking soda all over the affected area.  

Pour white vinegar on top.

Scrub.


It is fun (relatively speaking):

When you pour the vinegar on top, the baking soda bubbles over and makes a whooshing sound.

Does bleach do that?

I don't think so.


As for store brand green cleaners, I really like the Method brand and Seventh Generation.

Both are sold at Target and Whole Foods.


photo courtesy of Kristen's Raw

No comments:

Post a Comment