Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 1

"I'm awake!!!"


I suppose technically I was awake.  Just because a person's eyes are closed and that person is still in bed does not necessarily mean said person is sleeping.  

I had put on my glasses.  It was a start.


"Goood Mor-ning."

"What is that noise?!"

"A leaf blower."


So much for birds chirping.  Then it occurred to me.  As I lay in bed, pretending to be awake, some man/woman was already up, probably by, say 4am, and is now blowing leaves.


Ok. Up we go.


At this point, I would like to state for the record that I am well aware that 7 is not an unreasonable time to wake up in the morning.


Lots, and LOTS, of people wake up a lot earlier than that.


My friend Jennie wakes up at 5.

Jennie has a husband, a baby and a special needs deaf trauma dog.  If she was allowed the privilege of sleeping in until the lazy hour of 7 she would probably cry happy tears.

My mom wakes up at 4:30.  And works out.  She's 62.

My boyfriend wakes up at 6.  Just because he loves mornings. 


But this experiment isn't about the time.  It's about challenging a habit.  It's about making change, accomplishing a goal.  It's about trying on a new way of life.


So, here I am, born again morning person, off to start my day.

I am going to need more coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment