Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 3

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."

-Andy Warhol


Day 1: total exhilaration 

Day 2: bleak exhaustion

Day 3: selective amnesia


I no longer recall why I started this experiment.  I vaguely recall something about metaphor and big change through small change, personal development...was I hiking on a mountain???


Ugh.


It's only Day 3.  


"They" say it only takes four days to change a habit.  Or is it 21 days to change a habit?  Or is it DON'T try and change a habit?

So, only one more day or 18 more days or, you know, NEVER and I'm out of the woods.


Until then I will trust I had a point and will wait for that point to reveal itself at a later date.  

Perhaps after I've gotten 8 full hours of sleep.


2 comments:

  1. What I don't understand is what act of God is getting you up every morning. You sleep-argue out of getting up every time I see you.

    I wonder how your kidneys feel about the extra coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha!!! Stay tuned for my next blog "Quitting Coffee by Sleeping 'till 10."

    ReplyDelete