Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 6

"Isn't it amazing the difference an hour makes?"


Yes, Mom.  Yes, it is amazing.   It's amazing that I'm nearly a week into this war of attrition I call "an experiment" and I'm STILL exhausted!   How, in good heaven, is it possible I am THIS tired from getting up one measly, itty bitty hour earlier?!?  It's an hour!  That's nothing!


Where is the productivity???  Where is the inner peace???  I did laundry this afternoon and thought I was going to pass out!


"Well, you are just going to have to go to bed earlier.  You know, like, start to wind down at an earlier hour."


Ha!  That is the other lovely side effect of this whole mess.  From 11am to 8pm, I am an energy vacuum, devoid of all properties that constitutes a pleasant, functioning member of society.  After 8, however, that's when the party starts.  I am suddenly and without warning wide awake!  I am effervescent!  Like a 6 six year old with a baby sitter, I will do ANYTHING to avoid going to sleep!


"Hmmm...I don't know...."

Me either, Mom.  Me either.

1 comment:

  1. So...I'm guessing this is doing wonders for your love life? ;-)

    ReplyDelete