Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 4

text received 7:07am:

GET UP! ITS 7AM!

AND CALL ME SO I KNOW YR NOT CHEATING!


ring.

ring.


"Hello?"

"It's 7:15.  I gave you a fifteen minute grace period.  I wanted to make sure you were up.  You can't cheat yet.  It's only Day 4."

"I'm up.  I just can't talk until I've had coffee."

"Good!  Cause your 7am plan is like my quitting smoking."

"That is not remotely the same thing!  If I wake up at 8 I don't die!"

"Hmmm.  I guess you are right..."


Wait.  


Maybe it is the same thing.  Maybe changing a habit, regardless of its size, requires the same discipline.  Maybe we can find justification to let ourselves fall short no matter how big or small the change.


More on this debate tomorrow.  

Although I am up right now, I am certainly not awake.





1 comment:

  1. LOL, I take it this was a conversation with Sid?

    ReplyDelete