Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 2

"You're awake?!?"

"Of course I'm awake.  It's Day 2."

"That's great!  You know Day 2 is the hardest day. It's the day..."

"Are you talking to me???  I can't hear you until I get coffee."


I have formulated a theory.

It is a working theory.

It goes like this:


People who wake up early....

go to bed early.


I did NOT go to bed early last night.


I was too excited to go to bed.

I had woken up at 7!  I had beaten the giant, slayed the dragon, saved the world from being hit by an asteroid!  This little experiment was going to be a cake walk!


I took myself to Target to celebrate.  I reasoned that all the clothes I currently have are for someone who wakes up at 8.  My 7am self needed a new outfit. 


And a new haircut!  I marched into my hairdresser and demanded he cut 2 and a half inches off my hair! (Or just asked nicely and showed him a picture...)

It was a 7am makeover and it called for, no screamed for, a night out on the town!


"You know, we should really head home.  You have to wake up at 7."

"But my hair doesn't want to go home!"

"Yeah, but you should really get to sleep."

"But my hair doesn't want to sleep!"


So, here begins day 2.  My hair and I are deliriously tired.

I think I just spilled coffee on my computer...



1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. My new hair likes to misbehave, too. Maybe it has something to do with the reincarnation theory that people who are living their "first lives" tend to be wild explorers. Wait, that means our new hair can be friends, too!

    ReplyDelete