Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 5


"So, you've been waking up everyday and hiking?  That's great!"

"Uh...no, not exactly.   The hiking wasn't the point of the experiment."

"I thought you started a blog because you wanted to hike everyday."

"No.  I was hiking when I had the idea.  The hiking was symbolic of a life I want to lead.  The kind of person I want to be."


"So, you've just been...waking up at 7?"

"Yeah."

"Oh."


"I know it doesn't sound like a lot but that's what has been so interesting.  If a habit is small then a person should have an easy time changing it.  But if a small habit is hard to change, does that mean that the habit is actually a big habit?  Or even beyond that idea, could it be that the size of the habit isn't even a factor in how easy or hard it is to change?  Maybe how a person changes a habit is more a reflection on that person's own tendencies rather than a reflection on the habit itself."


"uh-huh."

"I mean...I'll probably start working out next week...."

No comments:

Post a Comment